|This training is for customer service representatives who need to verify a client's identity as part of their service delivery. It outlines the steps that staff can follow in order to be sure customers are who they say they are.
Learners who complete the course will be able to:
- Define identity proofing
- Identify their responsibilities and authority in the identity proofing process
- Identify the consequences of accepting fraudulent identification
- Identify the components of the identity proofing process
- List characteristics of potentially suspicious behaviour
- Identify the appropriate way to request personal information from a customer
- List the four steps used to examine identity documents
- Outline the process they should follow if they suspect fraud
Learners have 14 days to complete this two-hour course.
BC Government employees must purchase these seats using their Customer Account. Please do not use your Government issued Purchasing Card.
If you do not have an account number, please call 1-888-883-4766 (toll-free in B.C.).